IU 11th Debut Anniversary


Today is IU's Debut 11th Anniversary~ πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

Source: IU Official twitter

I've been following IU since she has become one of the singer for Queen Seondeok's OST in 2009 and I decided to be unregistered UAENA (IU's fanclub name) in 2011 and I constantly admire her until now. There are fanclub which officially made by IU for UAENA and it's already 3rd generation. But, I never join because I always miss the open registration session. πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

If you asked me, 'Who is your role model?' I won't hesitate to say, "IU". She's my favorite role model during this past 8 years. Sorry to say that my role model isn't my parents but an artist who I never met before.

She made her debut as a singer in 2008, she was 15 y.o back then, but her voice sound so mature. Her debut song was Mia, a song with dark and bold character and many people feels awkward when 15 y.o rookie made her debut with that kind of song. When I first heard her song one year later, when she sang Queen Seondeok's OST, I thought that she's way older from me because of mature voice of her and I got surprised when I knew that she was born in 1993. 🀯🀯

She gain a lot of attention after she released 'Good Day' in 2010  with  her powerful 3-level high note which became a booster for her in industry. Later, her song always get All-Kill in every music chart. She's just too incredibly incredible. 🀯🀯

I'm not become her big fan just because her beautiful voice and beautiful face, but everything. I feels that she always being sincere and deliver her true feelings whenever she sing and she always convey a meaningful messages through her self-arrangement songs. Her voice and her songs never disappoints me whenever my soul need to heal and her personality affects me personally.

She’s someone with strong mind and emotions. In the Joy of Conversation she once said, "my parent's parental style was quite laid-back. They were really busy, so they didn't expect much from me. That's when I realized at a young age that if I don't come to my senses, then no one will take the responsibility for my life. That's why I had such a mindset since young that I should learn to do well on my own."

It's just a bizarre mindset for me. When many people will be a laid-back people when their parent's parental style was quite laid-back, she decided to take a full responsibility of her life. In a young age. But, that's one thing that made me admire her so much. She know what to do and she can do anything to achieve her goals.

She has strong determination for something that everyone called passion. She was rejected in all twenty auditions that she tried out for in a period of one year. Before she finally join with Kakao M (previously LOEN Entertainment). Later she said, "I am sincerely grateful to everyone who did not let me pass my auditions. If I had gotten in so easily, I wouldn't have worked as hard. Thanks to them, I've gained strength and I've learned what it means to never give up." And I thank her because she never give up and become one of the legend in industry.

IU at Golden Disk Award 2018

She loves to learn something new through her career as a veteran singer, lyricist, producer, and actress. And it's triggers me to learn a lot of new things that I can do. I start to think that I can do everything I wanna do whether the thing(s) is everyone's matter or not and it's never to late to learn something new.

She made her debut as an actress through Dream High drama as a beloved and talented singer, Kim Pil Suk. Then, she move further with You're The Best, Lee Soon Shin and Moon Lovers. Although many people said that her acting still awkward (but I like every role she played 😊😊). And then she show her mesmerizing acting skill through My Mister with a dark-pitiful character, Lee Ji An, (she won Top Excellence Award and K-Star Award) and Hotel Del Luna with a bold and extravagant character, Jang Man Wol.



She's also a thoughtful and caring person who embrace everyone around her dearly. When she got a renewal contract with her agency, she didn't ask for money but 'guarantee of staff employment' for IU Team. She also manage to pay attention if her team already eat or not. For her, IU Team is filled by bright and precious people who she wants to cherish in a long time.

She also treats her fans dearly. She always have encore for her concert and her concert can last until 5 hours!! (She loves to sing and getting closer with her fans. So, she won't feel tired if her concert last forever 🀣🀣) In her concerts, she is often asked her teenager fans to go home before it's too late, moreover if the concert venue is in the outskirts of town. "My teen fans have parents who are waiting for them to come home," she said with her lovely yet distinct gesture. No wonder why she have a lot of loyal fans. πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί


She also known as the angel of donation. She donate for the children, the students, and the elders. A lot of fanclub usually donate in the name of their bias. But IU did it in reverse. Her donation remarked from IU and UAENA.

Besides her personality, I also learned how to understand life and human being through her songs and her abundance mindset. In a Spot Interview for her album, Palette, the interviewer asked her, "How do you want to be remembered through your new album?", and IU said, "'IU thinks just like I do', 'IU and I think alike', I would be happy to get an evaluation like that." And yeah, somehow I feel that I can relate to her. Especially for '23' - which talk about her 23 y.o life when she is drowning in perplexity and she still doesn't know what she really like, 'Palette' -  which talk about her 25 y.o life when she already more mature and she can choose clearly what she like and she doesn't like, 'Beautiful Dancer' - which always give me strength whenever I feel worry and afraid, and 'BBI BBI' - which deliver a border line about people relationship, about what people should and shouldn't do.

She suffers from insomnia since she was 20 and through her sleepless night, she made 'Through The Night' and 'Knees'. She said that, "I wrote Through The Night in my sleepless night in hope that someone would be able to sleep well after listening to it. And I think this is what love really is about. Because ever since I got insomnia, if someone contacts me and fall asleep first I found it really annoying. I don't think that I am mature enough yet to cheer on their ability to sleep well. Now, that I think of it, that's what love is to me and what 'Through The Night' about." And everyone agree that that song is kind of lullaby. The song which I listen to whenever I can't sleep. πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί


During this 11 years of her debut journey, she shown that she improved so much. From 'Korean Little Sister' to Veteran Artist who makes a creation from nothing with her unique colors.

She's a natural born artist, with an extravagant talent, unique colors, healing voice, incredible personality, and angelic heart. I'll never get tired of her works. There are so many things that I want to talk about her. May be I can just talk about her for days. 🀣🀣

And may be you already know what is my biggest dream. Yes, to go to IU's concert and say, "thank you for being IU." Personally. I hope the dream will come true someday. 😊😊

Comments

Popular Posts